Hyundai's Veloster N - 2018 Honda Civic Type R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Hyundai's Veloster N

Now that Hyundai has finally unveiled the pricing and specs of the upcoming Veloster N, its worth having a look at this latest contender for the segment. It starts from just $27,785 and has a 250hp 2.0l turbocharged four cylinder. If you opt for the Performance Package that adds an additional 25hp, electronically adjustable dampers, an LSD, larger brakes, an active exhaust and larger wheels. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...t-hatch-battle
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 02:30 AM

Best bang for buck hot hatch right here. Aftermarket support is where it will really shine if Hyundai doesn't do anything else. Lucky for them original Veloster models already got the ball rolling.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 11:08 AM

A really impressive car for the money and it looks like Hyundai is finally stepping up support for their performance models with a new N performance parts line. It wont hold up to the CTR on the track, but give them a few generations to build upon the platform.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 10:26 AM

They have seem to have done an impressive job handling understeer, though I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of the crackling exhaust pops. The interior is also a bit disappointing as I've seen more sporty cabins in older Genesis coupes.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 04:57 PM

Never been a fan of Hyundai suspension setups and will be waiting for Tein to release a coilover system, and maybe KW suspension.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

It's far from a revolutionary product, but it's come to market at an excellent time. The RS is on its way out and VW has been detuning the engines in the GTI.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHeaven View Post
It's far from a revolutionary product, but it's come to market at an excellent time. The RS is on its way out and VW has been detuning the engines in the GTI.
I guess it can't hurt to take a softer approach but hitting the right spots, which in this case has been the amount of punch it has. My guess is they learned from Toyota and Honda as to what consumers really want. Fortunately all the VN needs to be perfect are quite minimal.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page