Close Look At The Exhaust - 2018 Honda Civic Type R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Close Look At The Exhaust

Perhaps this would be of some use to those who are new to the exhaust modding scene. FlyinGato takes a close look at the exhaust system from the underside of the car and points out areas where you may not want to modify.

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Not only will this be useful to Type R owners, but a lot of those components he points out are also found in the average car. Probably best to leave the resonators on unless you want the cabin vibrating on you. Also never notice the high quality exhaust and weld unless you look closely at the undercarriage like him.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Also of note, the exhaust tips seems to be welded to the pipes, so changing those out may be more effort than its worth and there's no going back to stock afterwards.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 04:45 PM

Can't imagine why someone would remove the two resonators unless they want to hear the exhausts constantly inside the cabin.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:29 AM

I don't think that original OEM exhaust needs to be changed. In my opinion, it has a nice sound and it's pretty risky to modify it because of the unique OEM exhaust technical design.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:32 AM

I'm not sure what it is about civic owners, but so many of them opt to remove an OEM exhaust. These exhausts are engineered for performance and cabin noise. I can understand however if the issue is with the aesthetics of the triple outlet.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM

Yeah, the triple outlet is a little over the top and looks strange when the two outer tips turn black from soot, but the center tip stays clean. Hmmm.

'17 CTR CBP #2650
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR100 View Post
I don't think that original OEM exhaust needs to be changed. In my opinion, it has a nice sound and it's pretty risky to modify it because of the unique OEM exhaust technical design.
Unless some brand comes out with a system that not only makes it sound better but also get some decent gains, then that will be a good reason to upgrade. However systems like that aren't cheap, just look back at how much Spoon Exhaust systems used to go for!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 08:17 AM

Are people not happy with what the OEM exhaust sounds like? From what I've heard online it sounds pretty sporty/aggressive already. I guess each persons preference is different. I can definitely see people going aftermarket for the slight increase in power, but how much more power does a 4 door sedan need aha.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 10:25 AM

Don’t get me wrong, I like the sound of the stock exhaust at all speeds, and if that means a third tip, I’ll take it.

'17 CTR CBP #2650

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page