Smoother shifts without rev match - 2018 Honda Civic Type R Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Smoother shifts without rev match

I didn't even know you could turn off rev matching on the Type R, but someone claims the shifts feel smoother without it. Any idea on how to turn off rev match and why it'd be smoother afterwards?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 08:40 AM

Not sure why you would want to disable it. I guess for those who have perfected their heel-toe shifting. From what ive read it can be disabled after going through layers and layers of settings in the infotainment screen.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 06:27 PM

Never seen how this was done in other vehicles but I bet if you go to a tuning shop they could provide you some insight on how this is done. If you find out let us know.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

I think rev match can be turned off in the infotainment system somewhere under vehicle settings. I'd probably leave it on since I waqs never really able to master seamless manual rev matching by myself.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 08:38 AM

According to an article I read, as soon as the system detects simultaneous application of both the throttle and brake while declutching, the rev matching feature will stay in the background. So perhaps there is no need to disable it all together?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Shifty, yeah, same here. The system works way better than Iíve ever been able to do on my own. IMO it just makes the car that much more fun to drive. And to give perspective, my STi-driving brother was very impressed by the rev matching, so itís not just me. And yeah, the rev hang is negligible when you are coasting to a stop.
Tireminator likes this.

'17 CTR CBP #2650
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 08:52 AM

It's good to know how to heel-and-toe in case anything happens to the rev-matching system, but it's so nice to cheat a bit with auto-rev-matching, especially for daily driving.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRocket View Post
Shifty, yeah, same here. The system works way better than Iíve ever been able to do on my own. IMO it just makes the car that much more fun to drive. And to give perspective, my STi-driving brother was very impressed by the rev matching, so itís not just me. And yeah, the rev hang is negligible when you are coasting to a stop.
Now that says a lot about the Type R. I bet if these were AWD, some of those Subaru guys would be coming over to Honda.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 08:55 AM

If only Honda wouldn't restrict AWD options for their "luxury" Acura models. They even decided not to bring the SH-AWD system to the new Accord for the same reason. I would love to see an AWD Type R, but unfortunately I don't think its in the cards.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 09:03 AM

One interesting thing about the rev matching, if you can do it on your own even when the rev-match system is on, the Type R will automatically disable revmatch just for that shift.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page