Smoother shifts without rev match - Page 2 - 2018 Honda Civic Type R Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 07:02 PM

It would be great if there was a hack we could do to disable it and if i understand the Type R crowd like I used to from years ago, odds are they will find a way. Biggest downside is this might void warranty. Big risk on an entirely new product.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 09:10 AM

Not sure why people are so interested in disabling a feature that's been installed to protect your transmission. I can understand those who want to have more control over the vehicle, but this feature is meant to make the transition between gears less jarring. I highly doubt there will be many drivers who can do it as efficiently and accurately as the cars computer.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Not sure why people are so interested in disabling a feature that's been installed to protect your transmission. I can understand those who want to have more control over the vehicle, but this feature is meant to make the transition between gears less jarring. I highly doubt there will be many drivers who can do it as efficiently and accurately as the cars computer.
you would be surprised by how many people want full control of even entirely new vehicles.
during a time that advanced tech is making harder to change certain things on our cars, any chance owner get, they will take.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page