Catch Can - 2018 Honda Civic Type R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Catch Can

Some may think it's useless and some may swear by them, I just like adding one in case there are contaminants and Mishimoto may have a catch can for the Type R already. Anything thinking of installing one?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 10:53 PM

Did it with my 9th Generation Civic Si and doing it here for the Type R is up for some serious consideration. You might want to get a poll on this thread, will be easier to see how many are for/against this move.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 09:09 AM

Doesn't hurt to install one and it'll prevent carbon build-up on the valves. I've seen the gunk that's collected in a catch can and I'd rather not have that build up over time. A catch can is a small price to pay.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 03:06 AM

sure if you want to be picky but there has been a lot of owners running stock setups without any noticeable issues, I don't see too many people going that direction even some techs suggest to not bother with it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 09:12 AM

To each their own in these cases, perhaps what the can catches is just oil and nothing more but it'll give me a peace of mind. Especially with a new and expensive toy, could care less about daily driver SUV.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 01:32 PM

Might as well go ahead with it if that is the case since they are somewhat cheap and the same time are easy to install. Maybe that whole easy entry is what will get a lot of people to get these over the research they could be doing instead.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 01:09 AM

I have done a bit of research and looked at catch can reviews from people who installed them. There is some contaminants caught once they've had it for a while, but you are right about people's cars running just fine without one.

Really down to preference.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page